Sunday, June 7, 2009

Incredibly Random

A NICE DAY FINALLY!!!! Baltimore's weather has been so incredibly dreary and wet as of late I was going into a depression due to lack of natural light. The nice thing about it is that I also got invited to a bbq today, so it works out quite nicely.

I have recently become obsessed with chocolate milk. I don't know what prompted me to make myself a glass of chocolate milk on that one fateful day two weeks ago, but I'm so glad it did. I was never really a big milk drinker, actually I was never a really big anything drinker. For as long as I can remember, water has always been my drink of choice. The only other beverage I would ever drink was gatorade during some of my harder swim practices.

Like I said I don't know what it is, but I'm glad that I started drinking milk. I think I can use the calcium and the vitamin D. I can't just drink plain milk though, only chocolate. I think I can handle the extra calories though, since I rarely ever gain weight.

I'm not exactly sure when it was (sixth or seventh grade, I think?), my doctor put me on steroids just so I could gain weight. It didn't matter how many calories I would consume, between my metabolism and 9 swim practices a week, I could not gain any weight. It's not like I was a healthy weight either. I was 6'/135, that is way too skinny. First the doctor thought I had an eating disorder and suggested my mom monitor my diet. To the doctors dismay, my mom reported after two weeks that I was consuming ~6,000 calories a day. Haha... not an eating disorder.

Well that was not where I thought this blog was going to go but whatever. That is a really interesting progression haha; weather to milk to eating disorders and steroids, nice.

Am I a huge tool for owning and wearing a pair of white cargo shorts? I kind of think so, but at the same time I don't care at all haha.

Burgers, hot dogs, nice weather, and alcohol beckon.

No comments: