Saturday, June 6, 2009

Woot Woot!

I decided that my layout was pretty boring slash not attractive at all. So I got a new one :). I think it's cute, and I think its a little easier to read. For some reason it really bothers me to read light text on a dark background. My eyes start to hurt really bad after a while.

Anyways, I don't know how many of you follow me on twitter, but last night I went to this event. It's called a GGBB (a.k.a. Guerilla Gay Bar Baltimore). On the first friday of every month a bar is chosen, and the bar that is chosen is one that isn't considered a gay bar. Then on that friday hundreds of gays go to that bar and kind of "take it over". This isn't violent, and there aren't any mean-girls-esque confrontations with the straight regulars either. We just go and there are a lot of us haha.

There are a few things that make these events exceptionally fun. The first of which being that you are kinda doing something that goes against the grain. It feels like the first time you drank underage. You know you shouldn't be doing it, you might regret it in the morning, but you enjoy every second of it while its happening. The second thing is that it's a nice change from the usual gay bars that I go to on the weekends. Going to the same bar and seeing the same people every weekend can and will get boring very quickly, it's a very nice change up. Lastly, the bars tend to have very good drink specials that suit the crowd well. Example: One month there was a special for five dollar stoli vodka drinks, which is quite cheap.

If you live in a big enough city, where these events actually occur, I highly suggest going to at least one. It's a very different, new sort of fun that I rather enjoy. I just think you should try it lol. These events just aren't for gay people too. They are for gay people and anyone who supports/loves gays.

Oh and I forgot one of the fun things about the event. The way you discern whether or not someone is there for the GGBB or just for the bar is via stickers. For some reason this alone tickles me to my core. The stickers are also amazing, its a rainbow background with a gay pride fist on it, which I think is very cute. The sticker is also how you get the drink specials. I've kept all of the stickers from each GGBB I've been to, and this way it helps me keep count of how many I've been to.

No comments: