Friday, July 31, 2009

Updates, Updates, Updates

1 - I am, for some reason, dying of anticipation to see ryansumner's new blog. I don't know why, but I am. I mean it's a blog... I guess I'm just that much of a dork, whatevs.

2 - Cali was "hella" fun! I had a blast there. It was more than amazing to see Cassie, I miss her dearly already. The castro was so much fun as well. The crowd wasn't really that old in the places that I had gone to (some people told me it was going to be). The weather is so much better there as well. No Humidity = Heaven on Earth!!! I did some sight-seeing and whatnot, but all around the trip was a huge success.

3 - I'm getting old and loving it. I don't mean physically old. I mean old in terms of responsibility. I was thinking about it the other day. I am now fiscally responsible for myself. My loans (which are cosigned by my parents but are in my name) have just come in. They are going to cover my tuition and rent for the year. I have my job at Chang's which will more then amply support my lifestyle during my school year. My lifestyle during the school year consists of eating, sleeping, hiding in the library, and occasionally going out, and if I'm working weekends the last one won't even occur as often.
So all-in-all I won't be dependent upon my parents for too many things. There are some things that they still cover, but depending on how much money I'm making I'm gonna try and start covering my phone bill on top of all the other things that I am already paying for with my job.
I'm really excited about this. It's so liberating. I know my parents are more than willing to fully support me through college, and they have told me this on countless occasions, but I'm just getting tired of it. I'm tired of asking for money. I'm tired of them paying for thing that I could potentially pay for on my own accord. So I'm doing it and I feel great about it.

Let's just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew with my class load this semester. My ChemBE program isn't #3 in the nation because it's easy :).

No comments: