Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's been sooooo long!

Hello Everyone!

I have not forgotten about you, I swear. I have just been busier than I have ever been before. My hell is coming to and end though so I shall be returning to you guys soon enough. Over the past month a lot of things have been happening and I've been thinking a lot. I mean A LOT.

I know that I like what I'm studying at school and I know that I'm good at it, but I have started to second guess my career path. I'm seriously considering Law School, and trying to get into politics. I have never been a extraordinarily political person, but I have recently found myself forming more solid political beliefs.

While being a chemical engineer would be awesome and I would be well off with great hours and vacation time, I just don't know if it would be fulfilling. I don't know, I guess I just like the idea of being a Harvey Milk ha ha. There is rarely a day that goes by that I find myself not having a discussion about the adversities I face daily with one of my straight friends. They feel comfortable talking to me about it, and for a lot of them I am the first gay person they have ever been even decent friends with.

Ok so what I'm getting at here is this: Since I seem to be so accessible and non-threatening to straight people, should I be using my advantage for a greater good? Do you understand what I am saying? I can honestly say that I have had a solid amount of around 30 straight men, in the past year, tell me they were glad that they were friends with me because I helped them realize that there really isn't anything wrong with being gay. I feel like thats a pretty big accomplishment especially since I wasn't even trying to convince them one way or another.

One of the reasons why I am getting nervous is due to a genetics lecture I heard followed by some independent research. Researchers are coming pretty close to proving that homosexuality in males is a strongly correlated to a random recessive combination of genes.

My fear is gene therapy. If they do somehow isolate this combination of genes, homosexuality could be wiped out. Don't get me wrong I'm all for curing autism, trisomy 21, and other DNA-related diseases with gene therapy to improve the babies quality of life, but there is nothing wrong with me. Furthermore, any psychiatric problems that homosexuals face are predominantly caused by the lack of acceptance.

Ugh its very late and I'm a little crazy... hopefully you are still glad to be hearing from me lol. Talk to you guys soon!

No comments: