Sunday, May 30, 2010

An Update for those Interested

Where the hell have I been?! I'll tell you :).

This semester was particularly busy for me.  I decided to take 18 credits to allow ample time for my research position I had acquired for the following year (I front-loaded my first 3 years and am taking a class this summer so that I only have 8 credits of requirements to finish my senior year).  The classes just were not as easy as I had planned, but that's ok I still got pretty decent grades just not as many A's as I had hoped--from what I hear that doesn't matter too much anyway.

Also during this time I had my first boyfriend, but that ended a couple weeks ago.  He just really didn't understand how much work I needed to do.  He thought that I was working as hard as I was by choice (in the sense that I didn't need to do it, not that someone was forcing me).  There is just no way I'm going to sacrifice my education that I will have $200,000 worth of loans to pay back, for a guy that I've been dating for a couple months.  I'm sorry if thats weird to some of you, but I feel like I have my priorities pretty well established.

Other than that I've just been seeing my friends, packing up to move into my new apt, and drinking heavily during graduation season.  Although moving sucks I really am enjoying waking up completely sober and ready to go (which was not the case for the week prior).

This summer is going to be CUH-RAZY!  I am taking my senior lab which is a six credit course and will be finished in 5 WEEKS.  Yikes.  I will also be working on my research project throughout, so don't be surprised if you don't see another entry for a while.  Which is why I'm taking the time now to write a few lol.  I should get back to packing though... my roommate isn't exactly what I would call self-motivated.

No comments: