Thursday, July 8, 2010

Living my life.

For some reason people think that there is only one way to "live" life.  You know the person that travels, goes hiking, eats out at a different small should-be-more-famous-than-it-is restaurant, doesn't seem to have a care in the world... its a stereotype.  I don't think I need to explain further.  For a long time, I thought that because I wasn't this person that I wasn't living life.  Fuck that lol.  Yes, those people are living a great life, and I'm sure it makes them happy.  Does it make me happy? HELL NO.  I would get bored with the constant lack of direction and growth.  I need to learn, plan, and have daily routine with the occasional bit of spontaneity.  My life is about moving forward.

I sometimes worry that I get lost in this, and that I live for the future too much.  This, I want to change.  HOWEVER, I do not feel that my way of living life is any more less effective or acceptable (whatever word makes sense to you here).  I feel like I have a great balance in my life.  All these people may be living their lives now, but what are they going to do after graduation when they have a shitty degree with a less than stellar GPA.  I know what I'm gonna do, hell I'm looking for jobs already.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, live life.  But live it the way that makes you happy.  Screw everyone else who thinks your going to regret any sacrifices you make now.  You most likely make them nervous because they are starting to realize they are "living" life a little bit too much.

1 comment:

JP said...

Hey John, I was going through my Youtube subscriptions and I saw you deleted your account again. Just wanted to pop by and see if everything's alright.